This week the changelog doesn't seem to be that expansive but an awful lot of work involving much new code went into SlimKat. One major new unique feature which was announced and is now ready for the public: Slim recents app switcher. We have had in our minds for some time now, a vision of how it should be and how google should enhance it. The SlimRoms Team are delighted to announce, we finally managed to achieve this by ourselves and we hope you will be pleased with the result.
A small preview (though you need to use it to see the true benefit): Video
Some of you asked for the code...you will find it here: Code
Also, some devices had issues with our new Notification Reminder feature sizing incorrectly.
This should be fixed, along with further optimizations and an added little feature seen here.
Also we have a new device support: honami
Have fun and enjoy
- Framework: Speed up booting on multicore devices.
- Framework: Finish fixing Zygote descriptor leakage problem
- Framework: A background started service is removed from mStartingBackground
- Framework: Remove java.io.tmpdir assignment in AndroidRuntime.
- Framework: Fixed a possible infinite loop in JsonReader#skipValue()
- Framework: Structure device not freed in error case
- Framework: Tethering: Skip link local addresses when enabling NAT
- Framework: Fix, MountService now only sends one on ShutDownComplete
- Framework: Release locked buffer when it fails to acquire graphics buffer
- Framework: EGL14.eglCreateWindowSurface should set producerControlledByApp
- Framework: Notification Reminder Interval && Fixes (1/2)
- Framework: SlimRecent app screen
- Framework: SlimRecents - add TRDS
- Framework: Do proper recent preload on hw key rebinding.
- Framework: Signal strength: add more checks to signal strength,
- Framework: Fix GSM signal strength
- System extras: Avoid underflow on an unsigned int when computering bg overrun
- System extras: libpagemap: fix memory leak in pm_process_destroy()
- System extras: use BIONIC implementation of mmap64
- System extras: procrank: Use %zu for size_t and %d for pid_t
- System extras: procmem: Use size_t instead of int to remove a potential bug.
- Hardware ril: libril: Provide support for legacy ril
- Libhardware: hwcomposer: Add HWC_BLIT compositiontype value
- Libhardware: Add sound card status parameter
- Art/dalvik/system core: Remove old fork-and-specialize API
- Browser: Fix the problem that the favicons on the history page are shown ramdomly
- Cardslib: Rework expanded/collapse feature on listviews
- Cardslib: add tiny optimization and use a viewholder + cleanup
- Cardslib: use viewholder in the different card layouts
- Cardslib: add trds drawables
- Frameworks av: Major upstreams
- Frameworks native: Major upstreams
- Translations: A lot updates
- General: as usual lots of fixes and device work and upstream. Check the build specific changelog for this.